Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More pics of Pepper

Thought I would share some more pictures and the stories behind them.  I think Pepper's cancer is growing pretty rapidly, so we may not have much time left with her.  I really wasn't sure what to expect.  She started kind of coughing/gagging fairly frequently yesterday, so it made me wonder if the tumor is starting to gag her a bit or if the cancer has spread to her lungs already.  I had Scott open up her mouth, and the tumor has already spread toward the back of her throat.  When we first discovered it a few weeks ago, it was the size of a half dollar coin.  It has grown quite quickly!  So, I thought I would share some more fun pictures, and you can see a little bit of life over in Europe (I will share more pics again tomorrow of her in/near the castles).
This was one of our favorite palace gardens, only about 20 minutes from our house.  Schwetzingen.  Pepper wanted to chase those ducks so badly :)  Scott would always say "what is it" (even if there was nothing around) and she would immediately and excitedly try to find the animal/bird he was talking about.  It was their little game.

Fall in Heidelberg

I had to share this next picture, because this was taken a week or two after we lost baby Grace.  I was so thankful to have Scott with me, along with Pepper, my faithful friend :)


Pepper strolling through one of our favorite places--Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

  Inside the china store. . .she looks uncomfortable :)

She wasn't sure what to think of these cows along one of the most beautiful mountain hikes we've ever been on--a train ride up from Lauterbrunnen

Enjoy these pics--more tomorrow!

No comments: