Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hello to Kelly's Korner friends. . .

I want to welcome everyone from Kelly's Korner blog, although somehow those words don't sound right.  Maybe because the topic is "Moms who have lost children."  When I sit and think about all of you who have lost children--that you long to see their faces, talk to them, and hold them closely, it breaks my heart.  I cannot imagine that kind of pain.  I am so sorry.  All I can say is that in my relatively short life and the pain I have seen and felt, God is close to the brokenhearted.  Trust that even if you don't feel it right now.  I pray that you will feel His love so close in a very personal way.
I have lost a child in utero--and while I never knew her, I was her mommy for 22 weeks, and I never took her for granted.  In one of my previous posts I mention that I found comfort in her knowing my voice but not knowing this harsh world.  I can sympathize (not quite empathize) with all of the dreams that you had for your child/with your child and how those can end so abruptly and out of our control.  How in a second our whole lives change forever.  We see the world differently than most.  We think of Heaven differently than most.  Our souls have a depth that many cannot tap into--the strength and courage it takes to survive this kind of loss.  We would do anything to still have that beating heart.
So today, I don't live in fear, but I do understand how precious life is, and how quickly it can all change.  And for the 2 girls and husband I have today, I know very well that something could happen tomorrow, and I cherish each moment--soaking in each time I look them in the eyes and snuggle their faces.
May you always have a special memory/memories of your children that keeps them close to you in your hearts.  And may the rest of us keep talking about them to keep their memories alive.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog earlier.I love how you are soaking in eary moment with your family. I'm trying to enjoy every momen too.

-ashley
http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com