Thursday, April 5, 2012

Storms of Life

We as a family are at a peaceful point in our lives.  The girls are 18 months and 3 years old now (hard to believe!) so this is a really fun time.  I am relishing it, because I know the terrible twos are only a couple of months away.  But I am fully aware of all of the storms that rage around us right now in other families.  Families with miscarriages.  Families waiting to adopt. Families battling cancer in their children or their wife/mother of young children.  Families waiting for their son to awaken--he was in a car accident almost 2 weeks ago and had brain swelling. And so they wait, hope and cry, and try to find a way to live in their reality while the world goes 'round.
I wanted to highlight two websites of these families who are experiencing these storms.  I think no matter what you are going through, their stories of hope, grief, anger, and God sheltering them will encourage you.  I also am greatly aware that our time of peace could come to an end at a moment's notice, so I do not take it for granted!  Take a moment to read their stories.  In Tanner's Caringbridge post today, his father reflects on childbirth as compared to waiting for their 13-year-old son to come back to them.  I thought it was poignant for what this blog is about.  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tannerunderwood (journal entry from April 5 Moans and Groans).  And the story of Clayton, who is 6 battling cancer, and the amazing moment that happened for him and his mom--you don't want to miss it.  Their encounter is the reality of what Easter and the resurrection are all about--Jesus is alive, and his spirit (the Holy Spirit we were given after Jesus' death and resurrection) is among us in a very real and supernatural way at the same time. This stuff is real.  http://claytonwins.blogspot.com/2012/04/divine-appointments.html?spref=fb
Tomorrow is Good Friday.  Good Friday is good because Jesus loves you, He died for you and all of our sin to make a way for us to spend eternity with Him and have a relationship with Him here on earth.  It's hard to describe the vast, overwhelmingness of what He accomplished Good Friday.  But the story doesn't end with Friday.  3 days later He arose from the dead.   This really happened--if you want proof, leave me a comment or e-mail me and I can direct you there.  If you're not sure whether you believe any of this, pray to God and ask Him to show Himself to you.  This video might be how you're feeling, and like Clayton and his mom experienced, God knew his thoughts and fears and met him where he was. http://www.namb.net/namb1cbvideo.aspx?id=8589936129
"Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death" Matt Maher

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Very inspiring Rachelle! Just what I needed! Please keep me in your prayers. I am going through a very ugly custody fight for my son. I have temporary custody of him now, and truly believe the only way for him to be raised in a loving Christian home, is if I can get full custody and a majority of visitation. I know God will help me overcome these trials, but extra prayers never hurt! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Hi I am visiting from Kelly's so sorry you are walking this path also. We delivered our Jonathan born sleeping at 20 weeks. Hugs and prayers to you sweet mommy.

Rachelle H said...

Tesha--I am so sorry about your little Jonathan. If you want to read my story (if it will encourage you or help you) you'll have to scroll all the way to the bottom. It helped me to know someone who had gone through a loss later in pregnancy (back then there weren't many). May you be filled with hope even though you are grieving.

Kesleigh Castle said...

Rachelle,
Thank you so much for your blog and for pulling for my Clayton. I just can't thank you enough. We are truly sisters in Christ and I couldn't be operating without the support of you all. Blessings to your family!
Kesleigh Castle