Monday, February 4, 2013

For Sale

We've had this for sale sign in our yard since Wednesday night.  It kind of made my stomach turn when it became official; although, I know that God is leading us forward to another place, and I trust Him.  This was not the dream we had when we first purchased this house.  I can still remember being brought to tears as we explored each room as more and more details became perfect for what we were looking for in a house--this was it!  We had big plans to be here for at least 20 years, and this was the nursery that was going to become my craft room when we were done having babies.

The night we closed on the house, we went to the lake 1 mile from our house and watched the sun set--the beginning of our new, exciting life after moving back from 4 years in Germany and all that time held.  I was pregnant with Anna, and Scott was about to start his new job.  We were so excited about how he would help build pediatrics in this community, and the future seemed bright with the new women's and childrens center the hospital was completing. Waco was familiar for me, and it was so exciting to be back here among familiar faces, places and Baylor.
Many of you received our letter after New Year's explaining that we are moving to the Nashville area.  It has been an unexpected journey to get to this place, and I look forward to sharing what happened along the way.  Just as God had the Israelites construct a Tabernacle, because He wanted to meet with them in the wilderness, He has been with us during this wilderness journey (as so many before).
I wanted so desperately to share with everyone while it was all unfolding so you could be amazed right alongside us, but we had to keep it secret until the contract was signed.  I look forward to telling you, and hopefully even though we know the end of the story it will still encourage your faith.  Selling a house with 2 busy, young children is difficult.  You can pray it sells quickly for my sanity of trying to keep it clean and picked up!

1 comment:

Mer said...

Exciting !times!! Praying for a smooth transition!! I love Nashville!!!