Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ramadi, Iraq 2006-2007

I promised pictures, but I just can't do it.  These pictures are not for the fainthearted.  I cry my eyes out every time I see them.  We have some of these pictures on our computer, because Lucian Read was gracious enough to go out there and document what Scott and our heroes were going through.  I haven't posted like I said, because I just could not choose what to post.  Lucian has a slideshow on his website of the pictures.  I thought it would be best if you made the decision whether or not you wanted to see them.  Once you have made that decision, you can go straight to his link to view them, because you can stop the slideshow if it gets to be too much.  Plus, anyone getting on my blog will not see the pictures immediately.  This is the reality of war, folks.  If you hover your mouse on the right or left side of the pictures, the red arrows will appear and you can go faster or slower.  The descriptions of what is happening is at the top of the pictures as well.  Our soldiers would immediately line up to donate blood when their comrades were hurt.  Sometimes the men and women cared for our insurgents--a lot of countries would not do this.

Please view these pictures only if you are prepared to give respect to these men and women.  Please do not view out of sensationalism; I beg you.  These show the horrors of war as they are; be prepared for legs amputated and some gory images.  I wanted you to have to work for it, so I'm not displaying the direct link.
http://lucianread.photoshelter.com/gallery-list?_bqO=20&_bqH=eJwzsfQOTyxxKjE3THY3iUrNCHYN9inKiSiONDexMjWyMjKwsgqN93SxDTUAAh9nr_Iqn_yyID9fAODdENg-&pagVar=collections_galleries_list
click on the "Iraq: Ramadi Surgical Final" button on the lower lefthand of the page.  Then click "view slideshow" so you will be able to see all 54 images.  Or you can leave the images small as to not enlarge the detail and hover your mouse over the thumbnail to get the description.

We live in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave; be thankful.

No comments: