Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Gray Faith

I had heard about Andrew Beard, somehow feeling like we might have met or crossed paths, because several people we know are friends with him.  I randomly clicked on his blog and saw his book A Gray Faith.  Here is his own description of the book he wrote:
Andrew’s Summary:  "Do you struggle with the question of faith?  What is it?  Why is it that we trust for some things with our whole heart, but God doesn’t come through?  Do you have loved ones that are facing death and need encouragement?  “A Gray Faith” chronicles my walk through stage 4 lung cancer and deals with the questions of faith, hope, and death.  My hope is that by honestly walking through life with someone who follows Jesus, and is facing death in the next few months or years, that I can bring new light to your faith, death, and hope for the future!"


I ordered the book yesterday after I learned he passed away.  Someone posted his wife's blog post of his last minutes--it is heart wrenching.  I just had to share it with you http://baileyheard.com/2013/07/26/no-more-pain/ In the comments section you can see his life had a profound impact on everyone around him.  Even though I have not read his book, I encourage you to purchase it at Barnes and Noble or Amazon or check out his blog at www.andrewbheard.com  I have a feeling it will inspire you and help you or your loved ones who are struggling with loss or areas of our lives where we are forced to walk along enduring uncertain outcomes. 
My uncle is right in the middle of it.  He is waiting for a bone marrow transplant on August 6 to treat acute leukemia.  We all hope and pray that he stays well and has 15 years added to his life.  But obviously, the outcome is uncertain so we wait. . .and hope. . .and pray.  If you have not listened to the sermon I posted awhile back and you are struggling with a terminal illness or you are walking with a loved one, I also encourage you to go here and listen.

No comments: