Saturday, December 20, 2008

Surprise!




Announcing the surprise arrival of Anna Noelle Huitink

born Sunday, December 14 at 11:43pm
7 pounds, 4 ounces
19.5 inches
lots of dark hair with blond highlights :)

The picture of me pregnant was taken December 13, and then Sunday night I started bleeding again--so it was off to the hospital to have a baby! There was only one, but that is just fine with me :) She was huge for being 5 weeks early--I don't think I would have been able to make it much longer :)

We are thankful for our miracle, and amazingly, we brought her home Thursday afternoon, the same date that we lost Grace last year (December 18) and the day of the week that Grace was "born." Isn't God amazing? I couldn't have planned it any better myself.

As far as the name--we had always planned on naming our first daughter Anna after my grandmother (and because we like the name). Awhile back we wanted to make sure we really wanted to name her that, and when we looked up the meaning of the name it means "full of grace," "grace," "gracious." So, of course, knowing that God was restoring what was lost, it was pretty amazing that her name meant Grace, and we never questioned the name again. We chose Noelle, because she redeemed Christmas for us. As I explained before, 3 Christmases ago, Scott was about to leave for Iraq, then the next year we were apart, and then last year we had just lost Grace. Now, we have an amazing Christmas blessing (and I'll be recovered by then :)

We're doing well--she is so sweet. She cries when she's hungry or when her diaper needs to be changed or she wants to snuggle. I'm still sore from the C Section but getting a little better every day.

Well, it looks like this ends the story of my blog (until maybe I'm pregnant with twin boys :) . We have created a Facebook page, so let us know if you want to keep in touch that way :)

Blessings to you all! God is amazing, and He keeps His promises!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I wish you the best with your amazing Christmas blessing. Enjoy each day with her as I know you will. I have enjoyed your story I will miss reading it. May God bless you and your family. Have a very Merry Christmas!

undergroundcrowds said...

she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I came across your profile on misdiagnosed miscarriage. Thank you for posting your story and the scriptures. I was blessed and encouraged by this in so many ways. My husband and I found out we were expecting through a home pregnancy test on 12/4. We went into the doctor on 12/5 and a blood pregnancy test confirmed the pregnancy. We have been praying for children throughout our 4.5 years of marriage and the day I took the pregnancy test, I made a heartfelt cry to the Lord for a child. When I returned home that evening, I felt Him lead me to use the lone pregnancy test I had left over from months ago. I had taken about 15 tests during our marriage, with all 15 being negative. The 16th test was the positive one.

When we got our first ultrasound, the Doctor said I was not as far along as we may have thought, but she thought she saw a heartbeat (although I did not see one). We were preparing to tell our family the news on Christmas and we had another u/s scheduled for 12/23 because there were 2 sacs. When the doctor did the u/s, she could not detect a heartbeat and said we probably lost the baby.

My husband and I were numb for about a day, but we prayed to God and are holding fast to His promises. It was Him who created this baby, and definitely Him who led me to take a pregnancy test out of the clear blue sky. Please keep us in your prayers as we have another ultrasound on Tuesday at 8:30am to get a second opinion.

I believe in my heart that our babies are alive and well and God is going to put science to shame! God bless you, your husband, and your sweet baby girl!

Love,
Nona

Anonymous said...

Your story has really warmed my heart . I lost a son at 5 months pregnant on Easter of this year. I had to go through 14 hours of labor for a baby I knew was already dead. I since have had another miscarriage, this time only at 6 weeks along. We remain hopeful and have had a battery of tests only to be told there is nothing wrong. I don't know if we will ever get our miracle, but I am happy to watch God work them in others lives as I continue to hope for our own little blessing. Thank you for sharing your story.

Anonymous said...

An absolute Blessing!
Teresa S.
Nußloch, Germany.
tree63@rocketmail.com