Sunday, May 6, 2012

Connections. . .Little Rock, Germany, and Central Texas

Hello again, to my new Kelly's Korner friends.  This blog is not your typical blog (although I'm going to try to do better at posting pics of the girls :)  I did want to tell about myself in a nutshell.  We have lived in Central Texas for almost 4 years after moving here from Heidelberg, Germany.  My husband and I grew up in Little Rock then both ended up back there after college.  He went to UAMS for medical school (the Army paid for it), and then completed residency at Lackland Air Force Base (the pediatric program is combined with Army and Air Force there).  We got married while he was in residency so I spent our first 2 years of marriage in San Antonio.  The next 4 were spent in Heidelberg (which we miss so much!).  While we were there he was deployed to Iraq for 13 months--something I don't ever want to repeat.  We also lost our first baby at 22 weeks (which is why this blog started).  Now that we are in Texas, we have 2 girls--3.5 years old and one 19 months today.  I am part of a group that reaches out to women who have experienced miscarriage, stillbirth, early infant loss, or infertility, and I am about to get our website up and running.  We have support groups and offer services for those of you who are in Central Texas (for any stage of loss or grief for your baby(s) and we also have social events to build our community.  Please send me a message if you'd like to know more and could either partner with us or if you would like support.  Our soon-to-be website is www.Cradled.org and should be running by the end of the week.  For those of you outside of Central Texas, we are here for you as a listening ear and to provide resources.  You can check my list, too.  Hope to meet you all soon!

4 comments:

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Hi Rachelle! I saw you left a comment on my blog. I believe we go to the same church - Highland!!! What a small world! Are y'all in Brenner Campbell's SS class? I think your husband was leading the class a few weeks ago - I come off and on to SS but church pretty reguarly...

Kristy said...

Thanks for coming by! Can you send me an email? I'd love to talk about the support group. My email is kristybybee[at]mac[dot]com

bp said...

Nice to meet you, I saw you on Kelly's Korner. That sounds like a nice support system. We lost our first baby to miscarriage.

Have a good week.
Bethany

Rachelle H said...

Hey--you'll have to send me an e-mail--I didn't see anywhere to e-mail you back on your blog. Mine is Rachelle@cradled.org