Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day. . .then and now

I think back to Mother's Day 4 years ago, we had just announced to our church that I was pregnant again (when I knew many of them were sad for me knowing that I should have just delivered Grace).  I wasn't planning on announcing it that day, but someone came and asked me--"is there something you're not telling us" and we both started crying so then I knew I had to get up and let everyone know that they were tears of joy.  (My husband and I were leading worship that Sunday).  Little did we know that we would be faced with a faith journey to be told later that week on Thursday that I would miscarry that weekend.  Thankfully weeks later, our little Anna was discovered alive and well the ultrasound before the scheduled D&C.  You can't help but remember these moments.  Every Mother's Day the whole scenario plays out for me.  How I was heartbroken to be told that we would lose another baby, when the first was just a "one-time chance."  But how I felt that God had promised us this baby at that appointed time.  I decided to wait and Believe God for what He would do.
rachelle

Here are the girls from yesterday. (Had trouble getting a good picture, but I wanted you to see them). Two amazing gifts I don't ever take for granted.  Somewhere in my mind in the quietness on Saturday night, I heard a little girl's voice saying "mommy, mommy."  It wasn't Anna or Elizabeth, so then I realized that it was a reminder that Grace is still alive in Heaven--she/God didn't want me to forget that she made me a mommy first--that her life was precious.  She lived in me for 5.5 months and went straight to Heaven.  I know this sounds freaky, but it's just a gentle reminder as I get busy caring for these girls on earth that she's up there basking in the glory of Heaven, made perfect.  For those of you who have lost babies and still do not have children here on earth, you are still a mommy to those precious little ones in Heaven.  And you will be a mommy to one on earth soon.

No comments: