Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1, 2008 Tomorrow's a Big Day

If you haven't been reading the blog at all this far, you have to go back and read it all--unfortunately to go in order, you have to start at the bottom. I encourage you to take the time--not because I'm such a great writer, but because I believe this is God's story that He wants you to hear.

I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I have been feeling the baby/babies kicking all the time for the past week or so; this gives me great comfort that I do not have to dread the ultrasound tomorrow. This will be the same ultrasound in which we found out Grace had died. Thankfully we're at a different time and place. I am not worried about what we'll find out tomorrow--I'm actually very excited. This day couldn't come soon enough. I am hoping by this point the twins will be obvious, and it will become a reality that I can share with you. I have no reason to doubt that the twins are in my belly based on everything that God has been speaking, but there is always that chance that He will not reveal it tomorrow.

So by now you can see why I entitled this blog "Against All Hope"--my theme verse for this pregnancy has been Romans 4:18 "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed. . .without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead. . .Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised."

I hope you have taken to heart the truths that God has so impressed upon me in this journey--
  • God has a deep love for those who are hurting
  • Faith requires obedience
  • Don't let your faith only be fueled by evidence (sometimes evidence is wrong!)
  • God fulfills His promises
  • God speaks to You if you ask Him to and listen for His answer through prayer, worship, and your Bible
And from Beth Moore Believing God study:

1. God is who He says He is
2. God can do what He says He can do
3. I am who God says I am
4. I can do all things through Christ
5. God's Word is alive and active in me.

Amen! I have definitely felt God's Word being alive in me since December 18. In a One Year Bible that was published years ago--the scriptures you've been reading have not been things I've searched for but they are the readings for that day--and they specifically address the need I have for that day. No other religion has the Holy Spirit to minister to you like that so personally. Only a relationship with Jesus can bring you everything I have written about.

I look forward to updating you tomorrow now that you are all caught up! Of course, I will not be disappointed if there is truly only 1 baby in my belly. But at this point, I have no reason to doubt we will have boy twins.

No comments: