Monday, September 8, 2008

What next?

In every season, I have a reason to worship. Right now I'm going through a strange season--certainly not a bad one but maybe a confusing one--I am excited about our girl, and I can feel her kicking all of the time. I am so privileged to be pregnant. What I'm still sorting out is whether or not it is foolish for me not to believe we will still have twins or whether it is foolish to believe it will still happen. At our ultrasound, there was only one baby in my belly. My first reaction with it being a girl, was thinking "okay--that promise of twins must definitely be for another pregnancy." Of course, my whole faith lesson on this journey has been "don't let your faith only be fueled by evidence" which gave me the hope to hold on during the ultrasound in which our doctor told me I was going to miscarry. I am so thankful that this baby is healthy--no heart problems, no developmental problems at all--this is truly wonderful. I suppose what I'm struggling with is that half of the promise came true when I believed in faith--getting pregnant in April, etc., but the other half doesn't look like it for this pregnancy, when it took me awhile to get to the point of believing it was definitely this pregnancy and not another one. I also feel like I somehow misled Scott, because by the time we reached last Tuesday, he was believing with no doubt that we would see twins--which is amazing for him. So, do I keep believing and wonder what God is up to and how He'll show more of His glory? or do I just say that this is what He always planned for now and He's already shown His glory. Is this another time to believe without evidence or should I put it to rest?

I do know this for sure--God is intentional in His timing. As much as I believed and expected to see the twins, this is what He wanted me to see at this ultrasound appointment. I know that either way He is honored by my faith (although I don't understand that part if I felt like He was drawing me there), and I know that sometimes miracles do not happen that we have prayed and believed for. However, this is one miracle that I thought He was showing me He wanted to do. Is this another further test of faith to hold on even stronger when it seems impossible? I believe with every ounce of me that He can put another baby in there (He can do whatever He wants), but is that what He's calling me to believe now? In my quiet times the last week or so, I haven't heard anything either way. Is this because I have not stepped out in faith to keep believing? You can pray with me that if I'm to keep believing for this pregnancy I will (and I suppose they'd be boy and girl twins? :) If I am to accept things as they are and believe God gave me that faith for another reason, that I will put all this to rest and hope in the next pregnancy.
The bottom line: this is His faith story, not my story, and I am willing to do whatever will bring Him glory (and He knows that better than I do).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to have this pregnancy with this beautiful baby. Rejoice!! No need to wonder or worry about twins. . . We have been hoping and praying for a little one, but sadly, I am experiencing my 7th miscarriage. It is a struggle every day to understand why this is happening to us and what God wants for us. It is a blessing that your faith is so strong after you have been through so much.