Sunday, August 31, 2008

April 14, 2008

From my journal. . .

"Lord, if I am pregnant today, help me to never lose faith in You and trust You always like I've had to trust You. Sometimes I feel a little crazy, because I'm pretty convinced that I am pregnant today--I have that peace that it is true, just like I knew I had the job at the Governor's Office--my parents thought I was crazy to sign a lease without a job, but I knew it was how God was leading me-to not look for another job but to wait until they confirmed I had received the job. I felt like God was saying something special about April 14. This morning I woke up so peaceful. I went to my Beth Moore Believing God study wondering what I was going to learn--if it was going to be something powerful today, and when I got there Johnnie pulled me aside and asked me if I was pregnant. I was stunned and overcome. I told her--'why?' and said 'I don't know. . .' (tears welling up in my eyes)--then she asked if I knew for sure I wasn't pregnant, and I said, 'no.' I told her that God had been speaking to me something about this date. She said I had been on her mind a lot the last couple of days, and she had something she felt she was supposed to give me. When I opened it, it was a book on parenting twins. The whole thing was very surreal. She knew I was believing God for twins, but the timing of the conversation was amazing. I think that's why I'm at peace right now. It's almost as if there is no way I can't possibly believe. God is miraculous and amazing, and He has a perfect order to everything. I am overwhelmed at His love. Thank you, Lord, for sending such a clear message. Lord, there is so much You've taught me through this. I cannot thank you enough."

[I remember thinking--"even if I am not pregnant, God wanted me to have that message today as confirmation of His promise to give us twins."]

No comments: