Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pictures. . .



We had planned on going to see the tulips in Holland the last week of April with my parents--then I found out I was was pregnant in August and going to deliver that same week, which meant seeing the tulips. . .someday--We called my parents when we were ready to share the news--"Are you still coming to see us in April to go see the tulips?" "Of course," they said, and then I replied "well, we'll get to introduce you to your grandbaby at that time instead." And, we all weren't disappointed. . .

After we lost our little girl, it was a blessing to be able to plan the trip to Holland again, with my parents coming just as they would have either way. It was comforting to see the beautiful tulips and drink it all in. Of course she was always on my mind, so when we saw this collection of pink tulips, I knew they were for her--it was the only time we saw this soft pink color, and as soon as we saw them at sunset, I said "those are for little Grace"--yes, instead of giving birth, I was surrounded by this beauty, so I wanted to share it with you. These were taken April 30, 5 days after her due date.

No comments: