Thursday, August 14, 2008

Background. . .

Where do I begin? I have been on this segment of life's journey since December 18, 2007 but many things happened before this point to shape who I am. Since you probably don't know me, I will catch you up. . .
On December 18, I was 5.5 months pregnant with our first child. My husband and I went in for a special appointment to get measurements of the baby by ultrasound and find out the sex of the baby. During this appointment, I saw the lifeless body of my baby on a large TV screen and had the technician gently inform us that our baby had problems and that it had died. Wow. I had just seen it moving and looking normal 4 weeks before, so what happened, and how do we get this baby out? Suddenly you feel like your life is in the movie Sliding Doors where you see Life Plan A: if we found out the sex of the baby and just went on expecting it to be born in April to Life Plan B: this whole phase of our life changes--our Spring would be dramatically different than we expected.
Fast forwarding to today, August 14, where am I emotionally? It has been a journey, and I have learned so much along the way about faith and hope.

I look forward to reflecting on my journey with you--I have kept a journal since December 18, and I have been encouraged by friends, Bible verses, songs, and people along the way.
Talk to you soon,
Rachelle

No comments: