Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to the trip in Holland. . .

In my second post I have pictures that were taken while we were in Holland, and the soft pink tulips that were a message of comfort in memory of little Grace around her due date. I took the pregnancy test the day before her due date, and it was negative. Although, I still kept remembering God's lesson to me when I got up in the middle of the night to take a pregnancy test that was negative, and He spoke--"don't let your faith only be fueled by evidence." Obviously the evidence was saying that I wasn't pregnant, but if He really did speak that April 14 is when I would be pregnant with the twins, then I couldn't stop believing.

I took another pregnancy test May 2 while we were still in Holland and it still was negative. Scott and I went on a walk through the windmills, and I told him that I felt pregnant--I knew now what that felt like--but that the pregnancy test was negative again. It was such a special memory, because we had a great conversation about how I believed God had healed me so quickly emotionally (miraculously--just like people are physically healed) to possibly be pregnant so soon again. I felt ready to have another pregnancy and not be constantly reliving the emotional scars. I was still determined to believe even though the evidence was not there.

No comments: