Sunday, August 31, 2008

March 27-29, 2008

From my journal. . .

"The Lord keeps reminding me of the Israelites and their journey to the Promised Land in Deut. 7-8:20. It has come up in different readings and parts of each study. He promised to bring them there and tested their character and provided for them. He also tells them to remember all of the things He did (miracles) so they will not be afraid when they conquer the other people. Then He also tells them not to forget what He's done when they have finally reached the Promised Land--[what they've been waiting 40 years to see, and I'm sure sometimes doubting God was really going to bring them there. Although, just as we do today, each time God did a miracle to protect or help them, it wasn't long before they were doubting again.] I felt many similarities to my situation as I was reading this passage. I want to keep believing before I ever reach my "Promised Land"--not just because I have reached my Promised Land.

Today I actually am more focused on Jesus than thinking about the promise He's given. Maybe because I am just resting in it or maybe because I am tired. I do want to learn more and more about Jesus."

March 28, 2008

From my journal. . .

"For some reason yesterday and today I have so much peace about the babies--it struck me the promise that "peace will come to you in time." God keeps speaking to me in themes--it seems that I'll read or hear something 3 different times in a matter of a day or two.
Of course I have my ideas of when I wish I'll get pregnant, but I do trust God's perfect plans. I do ask Him to make it soon, but I don't know His will for when these boys are to be brought onto Earth.
I do love you, Lord, for speaking to me so much through all of this and continually making Your Word alive in my life. Please help me to write my blog in the right timing, and help me to say the right things."

March 29, 2008
From my journal. . .

"Ps. 68:19 'Praise the Lord, praise God our Savior! For each day He carries us in His arms.'
Deut 8:10-11 'When you have eaten your fill, praise the Lord your God for the good land He has given you. But that is a time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations and laws. When you have it all don't forget that He brought you through the wilderness. 'He did it so you wouldn't think it was your own strength and energy that made you wealthy.'
Lord, help me to articulate what you've done for me. And how I'm believing for a miracle of my two boys. As Beth Moore illustrated yesterday that if we're sowing seeds of faith through the Word of God (and all the things He's taught me on this journey) and water them with our tears, we'll reap joy."

No comments: