Sunday, August 31, 2008

February 27, 2008

A few days before this journal entry we went to see the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor who had performed the procedure in December. During that visit he told us that we had a little girl and that we had nothing in our genes to predict this happening again. That was very relieving news. We were disappointed, however, because he wanted us to wait another month to start trying to have children. But I knew it was all for the best--to make sure my body was completely ready. On the ride home from the doctor, it was almost as if her name was whispered to me--not a name we would necessarily give one of our daughters, but in our hearts we think of her as our little Grace. It fits this situation and how we had felt God's grace so deeply. In a neat story that happened to me sometime later, a met a wonderful woman who had a friend who had just lost a baby that had lived only 10 days. She was telling me that the woman was given double grace, because in Hebrew, the same root for the number 5 is the same as grace. Of course this woman did not know we had named our little girl that, but it made my heart skip a beat, because I always told people I was 5.5 months pregnant when we lost her. It was just another amazing sign of God's order--just like in the Bible.

From my journal. . .

"I think waiting another month gives God more time to prepare us. Scott told me the other night that he was starting to believe we would have twins (what God had spoken). It warmed my heart, because I've been praying for God to help him to believe."

Ps. 42 and 43 "Why am I discouraged; why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again--my savior and my God!"
Mark 9:23-24 Jesus says "Anything is possible if a person believes" the father replies "I do believe, but help me not to doubt."

No comments: